2016/02/08

Bahman hints at being held in solitary confinement

After going for 6 days without news, Bahman finally called his mother on Monday afternoon. "They're keeping me in a cell and interrogating me, but I'm feeling fine," he said.

He was asked who was behind his arrest but only replied by saying "I'm fine, but don't know when I can call again."


Given his emphasis on not having access to news because he is in a "cell" and undergoing interrogation, it is almost certain that he is in solitary confinement.

The call lasted almost a minute, at the end of which Bahman asked his publishers "to carry on with preparing my book for release."

He had recently finished translating George Orwell's "Down and Out in Paris and London" into Persian.

This latest call comes amid news, two days ago, that an "official" at Evin prison had told his mother that the earliest contact from him would be in a week's time.

There is still no news on who has arrested Bahman and what are the reasons behind his arrest, and given his extensive interrogation two years ago - after going back to Iran - why he is being interrogated once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment